Microsoft Access Can Interact with Websites?
Yes! Traditionally, Microsoft Access has been thought of as a database that handles data only on a local network and not on the Web. For over 20 years, we’ve developed Access applications that collect, transform, generate and deliver data over the Internet.
Microsoft Access and Your Site
If your website needs data, our Access application programming can deliver! Many of our clients use applications we’ve built to work with their websites for:
- Realtime updating of inventory quantities, images, stock status and pricing
- Collecting usage analytics
- Sending/receiving reservation and booking data
- Exchange property rental agreement data
- Collecting leads generated by Contact forms
- Updating customer portals with data and documents
Microsoft Access and Other Websites and Web Services
What if the data you want is available on another website? No problem! We’ve done:
- Exchanging inventory, pricing, sales, and competitive analysis data with Amazon and eBay stores
- Pull and analyze data from Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Remote databases such as Azure SQL
- Geocoding of customer locations with Google and Yahoo APIs
- Weather conditions and forecasts
- Government RFP solicitations
- Sending emails
- Managing email lists in Constant Contact, Aurea and MailChimp
- IoT devices using IFTTT
What Web Data Formats Can Access Work With?
Many people think that Access is limited to working with CSV, Excel and Access data sources. With some crafty programming, our team can work with numerous additional formats common to the Web, such as:
- Binary, including PDF, JPG and PNG
So, How Does Access Transport All This Data?
You might be surprised to know that Access can be programmed to work with numerous major protocols and interfaces including:
- REST API
- HTTP (GET, POST, etc.)
- POP and SMTP (email!)
How Can I Get Web Connectivity in My Access Application?
Give us a call! We’ve created web integration solutions with Microsoft Access for dozens of clients. Let’s chat about what you want to accomplish and how we can get it done for you.